Today’s symposium on the January 13 – January 24 Suspension of Work was incredibly well attended. Over a dozen NUCA members had multiple representatives in attendance, along with General Contractors such as Clark, Balfour Beatty and more.
Presenting at the meeting were DDOT, Metro Police Department, OSHA, DCRA and the Secret Service.
The details on the Exemption process:
*Include the word “Exemption” in the title of the email
- Public Space permit number(s) for the work zone
- Location of work zone
- Day(s) and Hours for the exemption
- Nature/phase of work taking place during the exemption
- Basis/rationale for the exemption
- 24 hour emergency contact name, phone number, and email address
The meeting today was newsworthy – WJLA (Channel 7) had a camera crew and reporter on site, and produced a report which included statements from NUCA of DC members Victoria Leonard of Maliuna and Pedro Alfonso of DCI. See the entire report at this link: