The NUCA of DC Foundation for Education is pleased to announce that two scholarships are open for applications. The NUCA of DC Foundation for Education was launched in 2017, and awarded its first scholarships in 2018. We are excited to continue the tradition for the third year in a row. Scholarship Applications are due April 30, 2020 and will be awarded in May 2020. There will be two scholarships awarded:
- Awarded to a high school senior, current college or graduate school student planning to attend a 4 year university full-time, and pursuing a field of study relevant to the construction industry.
- Awarded to an individual who is attending or plans to attend an approved vocational/technical program that is relevant to the utility construction/excavation industry
All applicants must be current employees or the immediate family members (legal spouse or child) of a current employee of a NUCA of Metropolitan Washington DC member company in good standing at the time of application submission. Do you need a flyer to post at your office, yard, or break room? Pass out with paychecks? Here it is: NUCA DC Scholarship Flyer 2020
2020 College Scholarship: $1,500 Eligible applicant: Current High School senior or full-time college/graduate school student planning to attend an accredited 4-year university as a full time student as of Fall 2020. The NUCA of Metro DC Scholarship Committee will consider applicant’s scholastic standing, ACT/SAT scores, extracurricular activities, career goals, past employment and/or leadership roles, essay, letters of recommendation. See information and application: 2020 Scholarship Application and Eligibility Requirements
Technical Education Scholarship: $1,500 Eligible Applicant: Anyone who is planning to attend a technical school or approved craft training program in any discipline of construction. Applicant MUST be enrolled or accepted into an approved accredited program and must pursue a degree, certification or credential in construction-related program scheduled to start between July and December 2020. The NUCA of Metro DC Scholarship Committee will consider applicant’s career goals, current and past employment and/or leadership roles, and letters of recommendation. See Information and Application: 2020 VoTech Scholarship Application and Eligibility Requirements
In addition to the NUCA of DC Scholarships, there are FOUR scholarships offered by NUCA nationally.
- D.A. Foster Memorial Scholarship: $8,000 award ($2,000/year over four years)
- NUCA $4,000 Scholarship: $4,000 award ($1,000/year over four years)
- William & Shirley Burgett Scholarship: $2,000 one-time award
- NUCA $1,000 Scholarship: $1,000 award ($500/year over two years for those enrolling in two-year programs) .
NUCA National Scholarship Eligibility: Any high school senior whose parent or legal guardian is employed by a NUCA member company in good standing at the time of the application deadline may apply. This includes dependents of employees of NUCA members, high school student employees of NUCA members. Deadline: May 1, 2020. For Application and more information, click HERE!