The NUCA of DC Foundation for Education is pleased to announce that two scholarships are open for applications. The NUCA of DC Foundation for Education was launched in 2017, and awarded its first scholarships in 2018. We are excited to continue the tradition for the second year in a row. Scholarship Applications are due March 31, 2019 and will be awarded in May 2019. There will be two scholarships awarded:
- Awarded to a high school senior, planning to attend a 4 year university, and pursuing a field of study relevant to the construction industry.
- Awarded to an individual who is attending or plans to attend an approved vocational/technical program that is relevant to the utility construction/excavation industry
DETAILS!2019 College Scholarship: $1,500 Eligible applicant: Current High School senior planning to attend an accredited 4-year university as a full time student as of Fall 2019. The NUCA of DC Scholarship Committee will consider applicant’s scholastic standing, ACT/SAT scores, extracurricular activities, career goals, past employment and/or leadership roles, essay, letters of recommendation. See information and application: 2019 Scholarship Application and Eligibility Requirements
Technical Education Scholarship: $1,500 Eligible Applicant: Anyone who is planning to attend a technical school or approved craft training program in any discipline of construction. Applicant MUST be enrolled or accepted into an approved accredited program and must pursue a degree, certification or credential in construction-related program scheduled to start between July and December 2019. The NUCA of DC Scholarship Committee will consider applicant’s career goals, current and past employment and/or leadership roles, and letters of recommendation. See Information and Application: 2019 VoTech Scholarship Application and Eligibility Requirements
In addition to the NUCA of DC Scholarships, there are FOUR scholarships offered by NUCA nationally.
- D.A. Foster Memorial Scholarship: $8,000 award ($2,000/year over four years)
- NUCA $4,000 Scholarship: $4,000 award ($1,000/year over four years)
- William & Shirley Burgett Scholarship: $2,000 one-time award
- NUCA $1,000 Scholarship: $1,000 award ($500/year over two years for those enrolling in two-year programs) .